Hi, folks, and welcome! I’ll post the response questions for the Jean Thompson reading on Wednesday, but in the meantime, here are some guidelines for how to treat this online extension of our classroom community:
1) Everyone is required to post a minimum of one comment per reading.
2) There’s a concept known as parallel play. That’s not what we’re going for here. A quality response to the reading will engage with at least one of your classmates’ prior responses.
3) What does it mean to *engage* with a previous comment? Well, a good start is to remain respectful (there’s a world of difference between a disagreement and a personal attack), and even if you agree with a classmate, be sure to back up your own points with evidence from the story.
4) If you have questions of your own, feel free to bring those up.
5) Any comments that are in any way disrespectful to a classmate or irrelevant to the class or the material we’re covering will be deleted, and may be grounds for disciplinary action.
To get started, please leave a comment introducing yourself to the rest of us.